IMMACULATE CONCEPTION PARISH
Established: September 8, 1907
272 General Luna Street, Concepcion, Malabon City
Tel. No.: (02) 281 – 5001, Fax. (02) 281 – 8496
PARISH PRIEST: Rev. Fr. Alex V. Amandy
PAROCHIAL VICAR: Rev. Fr. Joey C. Enriquez
IN 1899, A BIG CHAPEL MADE OF BAMBOO AND ASBESTOS was constructed and dedicated to the Immaculate Conception of Mary. The convent beside the chapel was the rest house of the Augustinian priests, and while the chapel was under San Bartolome, it was ably administered by the Augustinians.
Although the earthquake of 1879 demolished the chapel, the image of the Immaculate Conception was unbelievably unscathed. The reconstruction of the chapel immediately started, and in 1886, a bigger and stronger structure was completed.
On November 20, 1902, the chapel was seized and occupied by the Aglipayans as a part of their schism. Archbishop Bernardino Nozaleda, OP, defended the right of the Catholic population of Malabon. The Supreme Court, on November 24, 1906, ordered the Aglipayans to surrender the chapel, as the Supreme Court of America later on backed the decision. The chapels of Dampalit, Muzon, and Hulong Duhat were surrendered on January 29, 1909.
The year 1907 turned out to be a year of blessing after the dark years of the Aglipayan Schism, as Immaculate Conception Chapel was declared a parish by the Archbishop of Manila, His Excellency Jeremias Harty, DD. The community was jubilant not only because they had their own pastor, not only because their chapel was elevated to a status of a parish, but because Immaculate Conception Parish was erected on the birthday of our Mother, on September 8, 1907.
Immaculate Conception of Mary
The Immaculate Conception of Mary has always been a beautiful and a dignifying devotion to the Mother of Jesus Christ, who was born free from original sin. The dogma regarding the Immaculate Conception of Mary strengthens the idea that she was pure, virgin externally and internally. The image of the Immaculate Conception is often seen as a beautiful lady wearing a gold crown with the world under her feet.
The devotion to the Immaculate Conception has proven to be a constant interceder for human and God, as several miracles had already been recorded. A person had been saved in the middle of the sea, sicknesses have been cured, sinners have been converted, the war’s damage had been prevented, and several others untold.
The Immaculate Conception of Mary has been a steady inspiration for Christians for more than three centuries. The idea of having a mother who looks after her sons and daughters from up above consoles the human race in the midst of several earthly and diabolical acts.
Rev. Fr. Candido Del Rosario 1907
Rev. Fr. Pascual Rigor 1912
Rev. Fr. Jose Jovellanos 1914
Rev. Fr. Manuel Gatmaitan 1916
Rev. Fr. Pedro Domingo 1919
Rev. Fr. Pastor Santiago 1933
Rev. Fr. Leopoldo Arcaira 1937
Rev.Fr. Jesus Tizon 1951
Rev. Fr. Gerardo Maximo 1955
Rev. Fr. Florentino Fuentes 1962
Rev. Msgr. Antero Sarmiento 1980
Rev. Fr. Elpidio Biliran Jr. 1992
Rev. Fr. Ricardo Torrifiel 1998
Rev. Fr. Von Jose R. Vargas 2001
Rev. Fr. Amado Gino 2003
Rev. Fr. Rey Amante 2003 - 2016
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL CHAIRPERSON
Doc. Zenaida Gonzales
Daily Masses (Monday to Saturday) – 6:00 AM; 6:00 PM
Anticipated Mass – Saturdays at 6:00 PM
Sunday Mass – 5:00 AM, 6:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:45 AM; 4:00 PM, 5:15 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:45 PM
Funeral Services – by Appointment
Every first Friday