HOLY CROSS PARISH (SANTA CRUZ PARISH)
ESTABLISHED: APRIL 28, 1993
Tanza, Navotas City
Tel No.: 283 9086
Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Romeo C. Tuazon
At the onset, Holy Cross Parish of Barangay Tanza, Navotas, Metro Manila was under the auspices of the Parish of San Jose de Navotas, which was established in the 19th century. When San Roque became a Parish in 1951, Holy Cross was under its jurisdiction until the time of Rev. Fr. Eleno Tepace.
However, due to the increasing Christian populace and the difficulties of attending to the demands and needs of the parishioners relative to the teachings of the Church coupled with the lack of a regular priest , the people of Tanza had sought the assistance of the Archdiocese of Manila in order to address these problems. Indeed, on February 4, 1990, through the kind efforts of His Eminence Jaime L. Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila, Rev. Fr. Martin Guarin was installed as Parish Priest of Tanza, Navotas and establishing Holy Cross as a Quasi-Parish.
Later, on the 28th day of April 1993, Fr. Guarin’s appointment as a Parish Priest was extended and thereby confirming and declaring Holy Cross as the Parish of Tanza, Navotas, MM.