MARY HELP OF CHRISTIANS PARISH
Established: April 27, 1956
J.P. Rizal St., Maypajo , Caloocan City
Tel. No.: (02) 2887284
PARISH PRIEST: Rev. Fr. Ronaldo C. Pedroso
THE DISTRICT OF MAYPAJO used to be a part of the San Roque Parish, though as early as 1926, district fiestas were celebrated independently, under the supervision of the “Kapisanan Gabay ng Nayon”. This organization was instrumental in the eventual transformation of the simple community into a productive parish.
It was in September 1951, through the organization of the Young Ladies Association of Charity (YLAC), that building a chapel was formally conceptualized. The chapel was inaugurated on December 15, 1952.
Regular Sunday masses were celebrated primarily by the secular priests, and later on, the Jesuit Missionaries, Rev. Frs. Albert Klaeser, J. Seffer, and Juan Desautel were invited. Rev. Fr. Pedro Abad proposed the building of a permanent church.
A piece of land intended for the church site, donated by the friars, was exchanged to its present site with the Kalookan City government. The parish was canonically erected on April 27, 1953. Then on May 20, 1956, the cornerstone for the construction of the Parish Church was laid by the Archbishop of Manila, His Eminence Rufino J. Cardinal Santos. The construction was completed in May 1960.
Little by little, Mary Help of Christian Parish started to synergize as several parish organizations such as the Couples for Christ, Charismatic Renewal, Knights of Columbus, Adoracion Nocturna, Soldiers of Christ, El Shaddai, Columbian Squires, Mother Butler Guild, and many more, blossomed like wild mushrooms. These organizations were given attention by the parish that in turn, benefited the parishioners of Maysilo.
Today, under the leadership of Rev. Fr. Larry Toledo, Mary Help of Christians Parish embodies the unbelievable faith of Mary to God’s will, as Our Mother continues to guide the whole Diocese of Kalookan through her simple yet gracious ways. The parish continues to strive through thick and thin, all through the intercession of Mary Auxilladora.
Mary Help of Christians
MARY, THE HELP OF CHRISTIANS (Sancta Maria Auxilium Christianorum), is a Roman Catholic devotion in honor of the Virgin Mary. John Chrysostom w first used this title in 345. The devotion became popular in Europe during the pontificate of Pope Pius V and the fights against the Ottoman Empire. It was definitely established due to the great appreciation of Don Bosco for this Marian title and the development of the Salesian works in several countries since the second half of the 19th century. Although it is commonly associated with the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox Church has also known the devotion since 1030 in Ukraine, when the country was defended from a barbarian invasion.
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL
Emilita B. Ablaza Coordinator
Antonio L. Paulino Asst. Coordinator
Rosemari B. Calano Secretary
Mercedes Malacas Treasurer
Elaine Trinidad Auditor
Rev. Fr. Victor Serrano May 1956 – July 1971
Rev. Fr. Vicente M. Coronel July 1971 – June 1972
Rev. Msgr. Augurio J. Juta June 1972 – July 1977
Rev. Fr. Mario M. Cruz July 1977 – April 1978
Rev. Msgr. Domingo K. Cirilos, Jr. April 1978 – January 1980
Rev. Fr. Manuel G. Nery January 1980 – January 1982
Rev. Msgr. Benjamin Razon February 1982 – March 1988
Rev. Msgr. Federico V. Navarro March 1988 – October 1989
Rev. Fr. Estanislao Soria November 1989 – January 1990
Rev. Fr. Antonio R. Villanueva February 1990 – January 1994
Rev. Fr. Alfredo P. Fermin January 1994 – July 2000
Rev. Fr. Lauro E. Toledo August 2000 – 2016
Mondays to Fridays: 6:00 AM
Wednesdays: 6:00 AM & 6:00 PM
Saturdays: 6:00 AM & 6:00 PM (Anticipated Mass)
Sundays: 5:30 AM, 6:45 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:15 AM, 5 00 PM, & 6:15 PM
Sundays: 11:00 AM
First Fridays: 5:00 PM & by Appointment
Every Feast day